Monday, September 22, 2014

Create a personal diet modification plan by analyzing your personal diet in terms of nutritional strengths and weaknesses and discussing the changes you plan to make in your own life to better meet the dietary guidelines.

From here on out I plan to do better with the way I eat. Almost a year ago in October I started the healthy life style. I decided to do this because I was having knee pain, when I went to the doctor my doctor told me that I was too heavy for my knees. From that moment on I knew that I had to do something. Over the course of the year I have lost 30 pounds and managed to keep it off. To lose the weight I changed the way I ate and added exercise to my daily activity. I started eating more fruits and vegetables along with lean protein, and whole grains. I made sure I ate small meals versus large meals. I've noticed that you stay fuller for longer when you eat small meals versus filling hungry and eating more when eating larger meals. I also made sure I cooked versus eating out. Cooking at home is better than eating out because when cooking you know what ingredients you put in your food and you can pin point your calories as well.
Here is a picture of what my plate looked like during my weight lost journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment